Announcing PopTech 2010
Today, we are delighted to announce the theme of PopTech 2010: Brilliant Accidents, Necessary Failures, and Improbable Breakthroughs from October 20-3 in Camden, Maine.
From the announcement:
“In a complex and messy world, solutions to big challenges frequently follow unobvious paths to success. At PopTech 2010, join a network of visionary thinkers, leaders and doers in science, technology, business, design, social innovation, entrepreneurship, culture, education and the arts for a three-day, boundary-defying conversation about the nature of creative, technological and social change.”
- The Power of Failure: In areas as widespread as education, business and government, what has to die so that the right things might live?
- The Exponent Effect: Why do some ideas only work at a grand scale, and others only locally?
- Complex Interventions: How do we decide where to intervene in a complex system? How do we intervene in multiple places simultaneously?
- The Simplicity Instinct: How do we get to what’s essential?
- Strange Loops: How do we deal with feedback loops and unintended consequences created by our efforts?
- Architectures of Choice: How can small changes to our ‘default’ options lead to breakthroughs?
- The Heretic’s Path: Every visionary starts as a heretic. How do ideas – and their champions – move from the edge to the center?
- The Geography of Ideas: How does ‘cultural software’ – from our our media to the built environment – shape our thinking?
- The Art of the Mashup: What do radically different disciplines – and ways of thinking – have to teach each other?
We hope you will join us in October in Camden!
Please let us know your questions in the comments below.
Rate this post:
- Love it!
- Community Rating: