Announcing PopTech Editions: Social Contagion for Social Good
We’re excited to introduce PopTech Editions, a feature that explores an emerging theme at the edge of change from the perspective of some of the remarkable innovators shaping it. From tracking behaviors within social networks to exploring the service-oriented nature of social innovation to getting a handle on the unanticipated outcomes of climate change, Editions serve as a guide to timely topics with original essays and articles from contributors, interviews from the field, videos on and off the PopTech stage, and more.
We’ll dive deep into a specific topic or trend on our radar and call upon PopTech’s rich network for their diverse viewpoints – and we’ll reach out to experts and thought leaders whose topical insights will help shape each issue.
In this edition, Person-to-person: Social contagion for social good, we're exploring if and how we can harness social contagion for social good:
- James Fowler provides tips on the science of spreading the word;
- Rita Colwell recounts how folding saris is helping fight cholera;
- Duncan Watts describes what we know – and don’t know – about social contagion;
- Sinan Aral explores how we’re influenced by our social network;
- Gary Slutkin describes how CeaseFire interrupts violence by spreading the message;
- and much more!
Enjoy - and let us know what you think of this first Edition in the comments below.
Rate this post:
- Love it!
- Community Rating: