PopTech 2011 blog recap: Part 1
We heard dozens of stage talks, saw incredible demos and performances, captured lots of video and wrote even more on our blog during PopTech 2011 - in addition to a constant flow on Twitter and Tumblr! And with the conference streaming live, too, we realize it may have been difficult to keep up with everything. That's why we thought we'd offer a two-part recap with highlights from what we covered on the blog this past week as the conference was taking place, drawing your attention to some of our favorite pieces on the blog:
- Dava Newman showed us her new spacesuit design.
- We interviewed Nobel Laureate Rajendra Pachauri about his climate change work with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- We heard the President of Iceland speak about his country's path to recovery on the PopTech stage and then had an opportunity to interview him in more detail.
- We learned about a collaboration that was sparked at last year's conference between 2010 Science Fellow Sarah Fortune and Crowdflower founder Lukas Biewald to crowdsource tuberculosis research.
- We hung out backstage with rapper/composer Blitz the Ambassador.
- We introduced the Class of 2011 Science Fellows.
- And we announced our first iPad app!
More to come...Stay tuned!
Image: Kris Krug for PopTech
Rate this post:
- Love it!
- Community Rating: