Staff picks: How to plan your PopTech
The PopTech conference is just around the corner! In preparation for the big event, we asked PopTech staff who know the ropes how to make the most of your Camden experience:
- Update your PopTech profile! This year's participant list is interactive and will be distributed before the conference, so take a moment to update your contact information. Sharing preferences in your PopTech profile will help you make the connections that matter most. Click https://poptech.org/login to start the process. (Keryn Gottshalk, Participant Facilitator)
- Enjoy Camden - grab a breakfast wrap at Boynton McKay, take the rocky route to the top of Mount Battie or mountain bike at the Camden Snowbowl. (Beth Cohen, Director of Media Production)
- Connect with the people who you meet at the conference on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. soon after you meet - whether it's that night or the following day. Business cards can tend to go missing and this is a quick and easy way to avoid dropping the ball. (Becky Sennett, Marketing and Media Associate)
- Ask a PopTech Fellow to tell you more about their work, and tell them about yours. Surprising and productive synergies come to light when conference participants connect with the Fellows. (Ollie Wilder, Program Manager, PopTech Accelerator)
- Coordinate a ride to PopTech 2011 by connecting on Twitter using #PopTechCarpool or by visiting this Facebook thread. (Emily Spivack, Editor-in-Chief)
- Follow us on Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook and the PopTech blog to stay up to date on conference-related news. Once you get there, use #PopTech2011 to add your voice to the conversation. If you are a Foursquare user, subscribe to our #PopTech2011 list for tips on where to find wifi, a great cup of coffee or good eats. (Emily Qualey, Online Producer)
We look forward to seeing you there!
Image: Kris Krug for PopTech
Rate this post:
- Love it!
- Community Rating: