This week in PopTech: Coping mechanics, fantasy elections and designing from the bottom up
Friday, May 25, 2012 UTC|
There's always something brewing in the PopTech community. From the world-changing people, projects and ideas in our network, a handful of this week's highlights follows.
- Bottoms Up. That's how PopTech Board Chair and Fellows Faculty Cheryl Heller suggests we approach designing for social impact.
- Visual artist Adriane Herman (PopTech 2011) has an exhibition called Coping Mechanics opening tonight at Western Exhibitions in Chicago that runs through June 30, 2012.
- 2012 marks the 100th year that our friends and partners at Steelcase have been in business. To celebrate, they've asked 100 minds of all ages and from all over the world, to dream big about what the next 100 years hold. We particularly enjoyed Director of the MIT Media Lab Joichi Ito's thoughts on the next 100 years of science and technology.
- Jason Rzepka, MTV’s vice president of public affairs and PopTech board member, talks to PSFK about MTV's decision to create a fantasy sports game-like experience around the 2012 presidential election.
- In case you missed it earlier this week, here's a peek at the first round of speakers announced for PopTech Iceland!
Image: Adraine Herman
Rate this post:
- Love it!
- Community Rating: