This Week in PopTech: OK Go, Auditory Collages, Ultragreen Packaging
Friday, June 18, 2010 UTC|
- We are over the moon to announce OK Go as our first performers for PopTech 2010. OK Go just released their latest music video — we know this one’s going viral.
WATCH: End Love
- We released videos from the Chicago Salon that present ideas about how networked mapping and the innovative application of multiple technologies can more deeply reveal the dynamics of problems as well as drive social change.
READ AND WATCH: Visualizing Data to Drive Social Change
- We loved this quote by Joel Garreau: “Innovative cultures have in them fables of ‘honorable failure.’ — knowing losing as winning.”
- We were proud to learn that Steelcase has adopted 2009 Fellow, Eben Bayer’s biobased, ultragreen packaging.
- We read about why Tom Friedman thinks that we are both the enemy and the solution to the oil disaster.
READ: This Time is Different
- Do you live in the DC area? There are a few tickets left for our PopTech Salon in Washington, DC, which will feature three scientists at the cutting edge of potentially world-changing discoveries. The event is free but space is limited.
- We’ve been thinking a lot about our conference theme, “Brilliant Accidents, Necessary Failures, and Improbable Breakthroughs” and how lots of wonderful things come about when you’re not looking for them. Let us know if you come across any great quotes or examples of the role accidents, failures and serendipity play in success.
TALK TO US
- Are you or someone you know passionate about science, technology, and social innovation? We’re looking for amazing, energetic people to join our growing team.
If you’d like to receive a stream of these updates (and more) throughout the week in real time, you can follow us on Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, sign up for our Newsletter and subscribe to us here on the PopTech Blog.
Rate this post:
- Love it!
- Community Rating: