2014 Call for Nominations
The Social Innovation Fellows Program serves visionary change agents who are incubating high-potential new solutions to pressing national, regional and global challenges. Our program is designed to provide a powerful toolkit for creating real and lasting impact. Fellows also gain increased visibility, access to a year-round community of peers in many sectors and a world-class network of experts and supporters.
The program is highly selective, with 10 to 12 Social Innovation Fellows chosen annually from among hundreds of nominations. Fellows work toward positive social impact through a variety of approaches, for example:
- Platforms: Transformational tools that can be put to work in many different settings worldwide.
- Models: Effective new ways of getting a crucial solution, service or human right to where it is most needed.
- Design for Impact: Generating the right new ideas, and making sure they create real benefit.
Before submitting a nomination, please read carefully the following priorities. We are seeking candidates who:
- Work with highly disruptive breakthrough innovations to solve previously intractable problems.
- Work in critical fields such as livelihoods, energy, green technology, healthcare, environment, performing arts, water, education and other areas with significant social impacts.
- Have a positive track record as leaders in social innovation.
- Work in organizations that are well positioned for growth and high impact.
- Are passionate leaders with a great potential for collaboration and success.
Fellows may be working within various economic models – for-profit companies, not-for-profit organizations, hybrid efforts and open-source platforms. Fellows come from a wide range of geographies, and may be working to solve challenges within the United States and/or in other countries around the world.
Fellows may be nominated by another individual or organization, self-nominated, or nominated from within the PopTech network. Nominations are open through April 1, 2014.